Initiated to ensure that Penang is free from hardcore poverty at all time
- The Poverty Line Income (PLI) set by Penang State Government is at RM500 per family and RM100 per capita.
- Financial assistance provided ensures that eligible hardcore poverty families regardless of their backgrounds earn a household income of at least RM500. E.g.: Family A with a household income of RM300 per month will be given financial assistance of RM200 by the State Government to ensure that the household income for Family A is at a minimum of RM500.
- All State Departments and Agencies are involved in this program implementation
- Validation and monitoring are done by committees coordinated by the State Economic Planning Unit and the District and Land Offices.
ACHIEVEMENT (SEPT 2010)
- Number of families who receive monthly financial assistance: 755 families